Learning to DJ gives you more than just a unique and demanded skill set but also an introduction to a vibrant community of like-minded individuals who share your passion for music. Whether aspiring to become a professional wedding/event DJ, a club superstar, or just an unofficial music aficionado for your friends, our DJ Program is the place to start. Upon completion, you will be proficient in vinyl and digital DJing techniques and we will set you up with an opportunity to play live in one of Boston’s clubs.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN in our state-of-the-art studio: in our DJ class
- Vinyl vs. Digital vs. Controller
- Introduction to DJing with Serato: Basic Mixing, Beat Matching, Understanding Tempo & Pitch
- Advanced DJing Techniques with Serato: Live Remixing, Scratching, Beat Juggling, Sampling
- The Marketplace: Artist Branding & Promotion
- Intro to Music Theory
- Our professional instructors have years of experience working in various facets of the electronic music industry
Familiarize yourself with working on contemporary DJ equipment and acquire basic troubleshooting skills. Organize your current music library and learn how to diversify it. Practice basic DJing techniques – learn how to beat match, mix, and cue in Serato.
Develop a unique performance style which sets you apart from other DJs. Learn how to market yourself as an artist. Practice advanced DJing techniques – learn how to scratch, beat juggle, and sample in Serato