Our DJ 101 course will teach you the ins-and-outs of the equipment and get your hands dirty in some new technology while you author your first six-song mini-mix.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Develop your skills while working at your own personal station, equipped with industry-standard, cutting-edge technology and software. Receive hands-on experience and master all the necessary techniques while the best DJs and Producers in Boston share their valuable experience and insights of the industry.
- History, including: Why do we play records?
- Vinyl vs. Digital vs. Controller (Advantages & Disadvantages)
- The Era of Digital DJing
- How the DJ setup works: Turntables, Mixer, Headphones, etc.
- Basic Music Theory
- Introduction to digital djing with Serato:
- Mixing Styles
- Learn the art of beat-matching
- Tempo & Pitch
- Sound Design: find out what makes a good mix