25 hours ($45/hour)
Save $500 by combining DJ 101 and 102 in our DJ Program!
Our basic DJ 101 course will teach you the ins and outs of the equipment, get your hands dirty in some new technology, and author your first six-song minimix. Gonna be fresh.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- History, including: Why do we play records?
- Vinyl vs. Digital vs. Controller (Advantages & Disadvantages)
- The Era of Digital DJing
- How the DJ setup works: Turntables, Mixer, Headphones, etc.
- Basic Music Theory
- Introduction to digital djing with serato:
- Mixing Styles
- Learn the art of beat-matching
- Tempo & Pitch
- Sound Design: find out what makes a good mix
ABOUT DJ 101
You will develop these skills working at your own personal station equipped with industry standard and cutting edge technology and software.
You will get hands-on experience from the best DJs and Producers in Boston. They will make sure you master all the necessary techniques while sharing their valuable experience and insights of the industry.
DJ 101 is available on weeknights from 7pm – 10pm and on the weekends from 11 am – 2pm & 3-6 pm.