Mmmmaven, Boston’s first 24/7 electronic music education and production company, seeks interns to assist in day-to-day operations of a school and a event production. Individuals should be positive-thinking and multi-faceted with a considerable knowledge and understanding of electronic dance music in all its varied forms. Interns will chiefly assist in promotions and marketing.
Take a Virtual Tour of our Magical Digital Spaceship here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting events like our weekly Make It New and various and managing awareness of events through social media, press releases and street team awareness.
- Generate content for blog posts and contests, be it artist interviews or profiles of profiles
- Promote Mmmmaven Project educational initiative online and
- Maintaining a database of important contacts and email addresses.
- Event production.
- Social media marketing and branding.
- Following through on Action Items and important research tasks.
The Mmmmaven Internship is unique in that, as a multi-faceted company, you can move laterally between different duties and responsibilities. We can mold an internship around your interests and desires. There is always an opportunity to perhaps create a part or full-time job in the end.
- Knowledge of the social media landscape.
- The desire to see efforts rewarded.
- A healthy mental attitude towards fellow humans and a desire to make everyone’s life better.
- A general knowledge or interest in computer-based music.
Graphic design and video experience is a big plus. Should be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business and/or music industry. Should be proficient in (WordPress, Google documents and Gmail preferred) and a laptop. A knowledge of social media is a must. Preferred skills include FTP, WordPress, and .html knowledge, event production plus DJing experience and/or experience making electronic music.
Schedule: 20 hours/week preferred.
Location: Cambridge, Central Square
Unpaid. Access to events throughout the year and lots and lots of great music. Experience with a dynamic team of producers, DJs and creatives. Applicants may receive credit, subject to school approval. The potential is there for this to become a full-time job.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line: “Mmmmaven Internship”